adsb.cool to go here.
A curated list of awesome ASD-B tools, projects, docker images, resources and other shiny things 📡.
Automatic Dependent Surveillance–Broadcast (ADS-B) is a surveillance technology and form of Electronic Conspicuity in which an aircraft determines its position via satellite navigation or other sensors and periodically broadcasts it, enabling it to be tracked.
Docs and Quickstarts
Books and Articles
The aggregators below are displayed per category based on the number of feeders on 27-02-2023. You can check out real-time stats about all listed aggregators by clicking the Grafana button below. If the number of feeders was unavailable, sites were compared based on the number of planes they tracked. Feel free to open a create a pull request if you think the order needs to be updated.
Open source orientated
- adsb.fi - A community-driven flight tracker with hundreds of feeders worldwide that provides open and unfiltered access to worldwide air traffic data.
- ADSB One - A one-stop resource for all aero-related information and a community-driven aggregator for aero-feed data legally dedicated to the public interest.
- ADSB.lol - A completely open-source and community-driven flight tracker that displays and provides ODbL-licensed data via a free API as well as free historical data.
- ADSBHub.org - A service for real-time ADS-B data sharing and exchange between plane tracking enthusiasts, plane spotters, radio amateurs and professionals interested in developing ADS-B-related software.
- TheAirTraffic - A community-driven ADS-B aggregator dedicated to keeping the air-tracking data on their site open and unfiltered.
- PlaneSpotters.net - A civil aviation database and aggregator with a large collection of aircraft photos and information.
- Plane.watch - A community hosted flight tracker.
- www.live-military-mode-s.eu - A community driven flight tracker that is focused at tracking military aircraft.
- adsb.chaos-consulting.de - A non-commercial tracker for flights, ships, and radiosondes managed by enthusiasts. Focuses on the contributions of individual feeding stations.
- Opensky Network - The OpenSky Network is a non-profit association based in Switzerland that provides open access to flight tracking control data. It was set up as a research project by several universities and government entities to improve the security, reliability and efficiency of the airspace.
- FlightAware - An American multinational technology company that provides real-time, historical, and predictive flight tracking data and products.
- FlightRadar24 - A Swedish internet-based service that shows real-time aircraft flight tracking information on a map.
- RadarBox - A Tampa-based global flight tracking and data services company that offers worldwide commercial and general aviation flight tracking.
- ADS-B Exchange - A flight tracking company that offers high fidelity, stable, and secure flight tracking service. It was started by volunteers and flight enthusiasts but was recently acquired by JETNET.
- PlaneFinder.net - A United Kingdom-based real-time flight tracking service shows global flight data like flight numbers, how fast an aircraft moves, elevation, and travel destination.
- AvDelphi - An aviation data and services company that shows airframes, registrations, types, airports and flights, radar and nav points, and owner and flight histories.
- RadarVirtuel - A flight data collector that offers premium features. Its primary focus is collecting information about traffic around smaller airports worldwide.
- Airframes.io - Airframes is an aircraft-related aggregation service that receives ACARS, VDL, HFDL, and SATCOM data from volunteers worldwide. It collaborates closely with ADS-B aggregators and works with ADS-B data internally.
- readsb - ADS-B decoder swiss knife.
- dump1090 - A simple Mode S decoder for RTLSDR devices.
- flightmon - Simple command-line "GUI" for showing current dump1090/readsb data.
- sdr-enthusiasts/plane-alert-db - A list of exciting aircraft - Governments, Dictators, Military, Historical and just plain odd.
- junzis/pyModeS - A python decoder for Mode S and ADS-B signals.
- wiedehopf/tar1090 - A great way to view your ADS-B data.
- Grafana - Open source analytics and monitoring solution for every database.
- RadarAtlas - An ADSB & tar1090 add on that makes it fun and accessible to track the most interesting aircraft in the world.
- docker-planefence - A little tool that can be used to log, display and tweet the aircraft that come within range of your receiver (i.e. the fence).
- Jxck-S/plane-notify - Notify if a selected plane has taken off or landed using OpenSky or ADS-B Exchange data.
- Rasbpberry Pi - Small single-board computers developed in the United Kingdom.
- Orange Pi - Single-board computers created using OS cost-effective hardware.
- Banana Pi - Single-bard computers created by a Chinese open-source hardware community.
Some ADS-B USB receivers already contain an onboard filter.
- Vinnant antennas - Specialized premium antennas made in Slovakia.
- DPD antennas - High-quality antennas for various radio services produced in the USA.
Please create a pull request if you know people in the ADS-B space that are worth following.
Who else should we be following?
⬆ back to top
Contributions of any kind are welcome 💙! Please check out the contributing guidelines.
This project exists thanks to all the people that contributed!